Under general supervision, responsible for helping ensure the accounts payable operations are performed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions
• Process accounts payable transactions; reconcile receipts to credit card transactions and input for payment; process payments, audit invoices, vendor maintenance; and assist with account reconciliations and communicate discrepancies to Accounting Manager.
• Verify, research, and process all patient related Accounts Payable invoices; collect back-up information as necessary. Work with clinic staff, Vendors, and pharmaceutical companies (Sponsors) and consult study budgets to determine reimbursement of procedures and expenses for clinical trial patients.
• Review and approve all expenses funded by Benevolence Program and Sponsors and maintain related policies/procedures.
• Ensure all expenses are coded correctly within accounting software and according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) standards.
• Obtain W-9 documentation from vendors and prepare annual year end 1099 filing.
• Other duties not specifically defined above, at the request of the Accounting Manager.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Business, or Finance related discipline and 5 years professional experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility, may be substituted for the education and experience requirements.
• Great Plains experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, Access; Adobe, Office 365, SharePoint, and Internet Explorer.
• 10 Key data entry skills by touch
Required Certificates or Licenses
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals across all levels of organization.
• Strong work ethic that provides for high quality of work, excellent customer service and taking responsibility for overall performance and results.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess proficient strong planning and organizational skills.
• Must possess effective analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
• Must possess strong multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Can be trusted to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision correctable to normal levels. Requires occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment and requires frequent interaction with staff involved in clinical research and external regulators.