Clinical Research and Drug Development
Speaker – Ned Adams, RN.
* Understand and define the different stages of drug development
* Define GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and its applications for patients and research
* Understand and define the principles of informed consent
* Identify common misconceptions in clinical trials
Genetic Testing and Targeted Therapies: What You Need to Know
Speaker – Leah L. Plato, PA-C, MPH. CCRP.
* Understand the difference between chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy
* Define how molecular mutations are identified
* Understand the difference between germline and somatic mutations
* List the Common “Targetable” Mutations Found in Cancer Today
* Identify Common Treatments for Specific Mutations and Their Common Side-effects
Psychosocial Factors Involved in Oncology Research
Speaker – Phyllis Yount, LCSW.
* Learn more about the emotional, psychosocial factors experienced by patients when selecting and beginning research protocols
* Understand about the range of psychosocial, emotional issues that affect patients during active treatment
* Identify emotional, psychosocial issues at the end of the research treatment process
Beth Giniewicz, Community Relations Faith Presbyterian Hospice
469-475-9288 or email@example.com
3.0 Contact Hours: Social Work, Nursing, AL Managers, and LPC Providers. Metro Dallas Aging Solutions, LLC Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing # CEP 16619, and an approved provider by the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners and Licensed Professional Counselors