A MESSAGE FROM CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD ROY LAMKIN
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
The health and safety of the patients at Mary Crowley Cancer Research is always our top priority. While we remain open and committed to our patients, we are taking extra precautions in our clinic in light of COVID-19. In addition to our usual stringent handwashing and cleaning practices, we have instituted the following temporary measures to further protect our patients and their guests.
1. We ask patients not to bring more than 1 guest with them.
2. We are screening new referrals for the following before bringing them in for consult:
a. Respiratory infection, shortness of breath, fever
b. Travel in the last 14 days to high-risk countries or contact with a person who is under investigation or a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient
3. There will be no shared food at the clinic.
a. No food brought in by patients for the staff
b. Patient beverages and snacks will be served by clinic staff, rather than set out for self-service
4. Patients or their family traveling to any of the countries listed below or additional ones that may be added to the CDC website as high risk must stay home for 14 days before returning to the clinic.
d. South Korea
5. If you have flu-like symptoms, please contact Mary Crowley before visiting our clinic or scheduling appointments.
a. This includes fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing or difficulty breathing.
We will continue to monitor this situation as it evolves and will update our guidelines to reflect the latest CDC recommendations. In the meantime, we urge you to turn to trusted, reliable sources for information about COVID-19 to help you avoid misinformation. It is important to understand the facts to avoid unnecessary or misplaced fear. We recommend these websites:
– CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
– World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergen…/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
– Texas Department of State Health Services: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/
Mary Crowley Cancer Research has a commitment to ensuring every patient and employee is provided the safest environment now and in the future. For further information, please contact either Jeanne Jones, Vice President of Clinical Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-566-3060, or Deborah Montonen, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, email@example.com, 214-658-1975.
Chairman of the Board
Mary Crowley Cancer Research